Friday, September 7, 2012

I have a new hero and her name is Oksana Masters

This girl is amazing and truly an inspiration.  What an incredible story.  I read about her in the Southwest Airlines in-flight magazine a few weeks ago.

This week she's in ESPN, featured on HuffPo.  You must read her story,

From a heartbreaking Ukraine orphanage to a loving single mother in Buffalo, NY.  This young lady required double leg amputations due to missing shin bones.  And she had so much pain and hurt from her torturing childhood.

From there, a middle school gym teacher in Louisville, KY helped channel her energy, anger and desire to overcome into adaptive rowing.  She and her partner, Rob Jones, took the bronze in London this week.

I love the Olympics and watched every single second.  Rowing fascinates me.  But this story.  This story should humble you and remind you how easy and comfortable most of our lives are.

This woman -- both of these rowers worked so hard for this medal -- that it is almost beyond my comprehension.  Truly an inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment